What kind of process does CylinderRepair.com use?
CylinderRepair.com use a process called brush plating or selective plating. This system has been in use for over 30 years in many different applications.
We know our capabilities and will not take on a job that is beyond our area of expertise. The process we use is excellent for impact damage (from ball bearings, tools, bolts, washers, debris etc...) , isolated low areas, and scores etc...
What are the advantages of our repair over others?
- Cost: our repair costs are very reasonable vs other alternatives!
- The system is portable. Repairs are made on the machine with little or no disassembly.
- There is virtually no heat generated, eliminating thermal distortion.
- There is excellent adhesion of the deposit. This is a molecular bond, superior to the thermal mechanical bond found with flame spraying.
- High quality deposits, less brittle and easier to machine than flame spraying.